Applying for aids, equipment or consumables
This information is for people applying for assistance for equipment such as wheelchairs, consumable products, ventilators and prosthetic limbs.
Applications for travel and accommodation assistance should be lodged through the Isolated Patients Travel and Accommodation Assistance Scheme (IPTAAS)
Lodging your application for consumables and equipment
An application can be lodged by the individual or their representative for :
- All new consumers applying to EnableNSW for services, or
- Existing consumers wanting to change their details
Applications can be lodged either by applying online or filling out a form and e-mailing it to us with necessary supporting documents.
An Equipment Request Form, which describes the individual's functional or clinical needs for the equipment, is then required to be completed by an eligible prescriber. Completed applications and requests will be assessed for eligibility and applicants will be notified in writing of the outcome and expected timeframe for funding.
You can now apply online to EnableNSW. Given below are the instructions on how to Apply Online. You can print out the following instructions before clicking on the link.
- Apply online at Service NSW
- Log In
- First time users: You will need to register if you are a first time user of the online facility . Please enter your email address, first and last name, password and answer the security question.
- Already a user: Log in using your username and password
- Fill in the form. You can save and come back later if you need to check any of the details. If you have the required documents in softcopy these can be attached to your application otherwise you can fax or mail these to EnableNSW as normal.
- Click on "Submit" on your form at the end of the process to lodge your application.
- Completed applications and requests will be assessed for eligibility and applicants will be notified in writing of the outcome and expected timeframe for funding.
Apply using MS Word document
The EnableNSW application form is now available as an editable word document. Open or download the EnableNSW application form (save to your desktop) and complete all relevant fields. Completed forms can be emailed to EnableNSW with supporting documents. The PDF version can also be used if you wish to print the form and complete by hand.
If you have any difficulty with the form, please contact our service centre.
Consumer Self Service Dashboard
EnableNSW consumers can now manage their requests online. This allows consumers to keep track of their requests and update their personal information. They can also request repairs and reorder consumable products online.
This service allows consumers to:
- check the status of request(s)
- update personal details
- reorder consumable products
- request repairs for equipment.
Please note that a consumer number is required for logging into the dashboard. The consumer number is also known as the CE Number. Please contact EnableNSW for confirmation of this if you do not know your number.
- Log in to Consumer Self Service Dashboard
- Frequently Asked Questions about the consumer dashboard (PDF)
For further information, please contact us.
Adding people to your EnableNSW account
It is important to know we will only share your information with you or people you have nominated. If you need other people to make enquiries on your behalf, you will need to add them to your account.
Before completing the permission for others to access your account form, it is important to let the person(s) know you have chosen them to make enquires on your behalf.
Completed forms can be emailed or sent by post to EnableNSW.