New Zoom sessions added. See details below.
All face to face prescriber education sessions have been postponed following advice from NSW Health in response to the Covid-19 situation. If you have registered to attend a session, you will automatically be enrolled in a new session later in the year. If the new date does not suit you, please email our team at HSNSW-EAPVisits@health.nsw.gov.au and we will try our best to accommodate you. All new information will be updated on this page.
The following assistive technology (AT) education sessions are available to EnableNSW eligible prescribers. All sessions are facilitated by EnableNSW Statewide Clinical Advisors in partnership with suppliers and clinical educators.
If you are unable to attend a session which you have booked, please let us know as soon as possible so we can offer your place to other interested prescribers.
45 minute session
1:00pm – 2:30pm
10:00am – 11:30am
|Bariatric Equipment Prescription|
10:00am – 12:00pm
EnableNSW SASH Home Modifications Refresher
This session provides information on the home modifications program, how to successfully apply for funding through EnableNSW and the type of modifications funded.
Prescription Success for Self-Care and Mobility Equipment
This session provides information on how to successfully apply for funding of self-care and mobility equipment through EnableNSW.
Participants will learn:
- How to complete the relevant forms including how to link the request to the corresponding funding criteria
- How to convert your assessment results and clinical recommendations into the request for funding
- When to include information about specific features and accessories on the request
- How to read and interpret a quote for equipment from a supplier
Bariatric Self-Care and Mobility Equipment
This session provides an overview of the bariatric self-care and mobility equipment available through EnableNSW.
Participants will learn:
- What to consider when prescribing bariatric self-care and mobility equipment including body anthropometrics, safe working loads (SWLs)
- The different specifications and features of stock / contract bariatric equipment including wheelchairs, beds and mattresses, pressure cushions, bathing and toileting equipment, and transfer aids
For Zoom sessions, please email your booking/waiting list request to HSNSW-EAPVisits@health.nsw.gov.au specifying which session you are interested in attending and further information will be provided.