The following guidelines for Communication have been developed in consultation with expert clinicians. They are designed to be a guide for the provision of equipment by EnableNSW and do not replace evidence based clinical guidelines.
April 2018 - Please note that the EnableNSW Speech Generating Device (SGD) Loan Pool is no longer operational. Requests for communication devices or environmental control units can be submitted to EnableNSW following a successful trial with a supplier. Relevant Equipment Request Forms and Funding Criteria are located below.
Communication Assistive Technology Equipment Request Form
- Speech Generating Devices Equipment Request Form (MS Word)
- Voice Prosthesis, Electrolarynx and Consumables Equipment Request Form (MS Word)
- Equipment Request Form (MS Word) (to be used for all other equipment types, for example low vision and blindness).
Communication Assistive Technology - Funding Criteria
- Speech Generating Devices Funding Criteria (MS Word)
- Blindness and Low Vision Assistive Technology Funding Criteria (MS Word)
- Environmental Control, Computer Access and Personal Alarms and Alerting Systems Funding Criteria (MS Word)
- Voice Prosthesis, Electrolarynx and Consumables Funding Criteria (MS Word)