The Privacy Officer
c/o - HealthShare NSW
PO Box 1770
CHATSWOOD NSW 2057
Phone: 02 8907 1400
Fax: 02 9411 6868
Users of the EnableNSW site are entitled to expect that any information as a result of that use will be treated within the terms of the New South Wales government's privacy responsibilities and obligations. The New South Wales government's privacy practices are regulated by the New South Wales Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1988.
What information do we collect?
When you look at the pages on the EnableNSW site, our computers automatically record information that identifies, for each page accessed:
- the IP (Internet Protocol) address of the machine which has accessed it
- your top-level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .edu, .au, .uk etc.)
- the address of your server
- the date and time of your visit to the site
- the pages accessed and documents downloaded
- the previous site visited, and
- the type of browser and operating system you have used.
The EnableNSW site utilises sessional cookies to collect information. This information is unable to be retained once the user session has ceased.
How do we use the information collected?
The information collected during each visit is aggregated with similar logged information and published in reports in order for EnableNSW (HealthShare NSW) to identify patterns of usage. This will assist us in improving the EnableNSW site and the services it provides.
EnableNSW (HealthShare NSW) will not disclose or publish information that identifies individual machines, or potentially identifies sub-groupings of addresses, without consent or otherwise in accordance with the New South Wales Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1988.
What exceptions are there to this rule?
EnableNSW (HealthShare NSW) will collect, use and disclose more extensive information than stated above in the following circumstances:
- unauthorised attempts to access files which are not published EnableNSW pages
- unauthorised tampering or interference with files published on EnableNSW site
- unauthorised attempts to index the contents of the EnableNSW site by other sites
- attempts to intercept messages of other users of the EnableNSW site
- communications which are defamatory, abusive, vilify individuals or groups or which give rise to a suspicion that an offence is being committed, and
- attempts to otherwise compromise the security of the web server, breach the laws of the State of New South Wales or Commonwealth of Australia, or interfere with the use of the EnableNSW site by other users.
EnableNSW (HealthShare NSW) reserves the right to make disclosures to relevant authorities where the use of the EnableNSW site raises a suspicion that an offence is being, or has been, committed. In the event of an investigation, EnableNSW (HealthShare NSW) will provide access to data to any law enforcement agency that may exercise a warrant to inspect our logs.
Is the information stored securely?
Yes. Information collected is stored in an appropriately secure format and held by EnableNSW (HealthShare NSW) for archival purposes. When the information is no longer required for the purposes for which it was collected it is deleted.
Who has access to this information?
EnableNSW (HealthShare NSW) captures this information on its own computers and through the use of third-party analytical software such as Google Analytics. Access to the raw data is restricted to a limited number of officers in EnableNSW (HealthShare NSW) for the purpose of analysis and to report on the success of EnableNSW in meeting communication and access objectives. The officers who can access this data are members of ENableNSW and the Communications and Corporate Governance branch of HealthShare NSW.
Will this policy be updated over time?
Due to the developing nature of privacy principles for online communication, this policy may be modified or expanded in light of new developments or issues that may arise from time to time. The amended policy will be posted to this site and will operate from the time it is posted.
Privacy of patient information
EnableNSW (HealthShare NSW) is committed to safeguarding the privacy of patient information, and has implemented measures to comply with its obligations under the Health Records and Information Privacy Act 2002.
If you have a general privacy enquiry or complaint regarding NSW Health, please contact:
The Privacy Officer
NSW Ministry of Health
Locked Mail Bag 961
North Sydney NSW 2059
Phone: (02) 9391 9606
Fax: (02) 9391 9604