Home Modifications (SASH)
EnableNSW has partnered with the NSW Ministry of Health to implement a new home modification program from mid-October 2018 as part of its Safe and Supported at Home (SASH) initiative.
The program is now accepting referrals from Occupational Therapists for home modifications to assist people where discharge from hospital or potential readmission, is impacted by an inability to access funding for home modifications.
Please be aware that the eligibility criteria for the EnableNSW SASH Home Modification Program will be reviewed periodically and may change dependent upon demand and available budget. Any updates will be provided on this page.
Eligibility for the program
Home modifications (disability-specific) may be funded for people who:
- have agreement from the home owner to complete temporary or permanent home modifications,
- are aged 64 years and under,
- are not eligible for any other government funding scheme, for example NDIS, DVA or iCare,
- have a functional impairment that impacts their ability to manage activities of daily living, and/or
- require home modifications to live at home safely.
Please note, for people who do not meet the above criteria, EnableNSW may consider applications for home modifications based on other individual circumstances. Please contact EnableNSW directly to discuss.
EnableNSW SASH Home Modifications may include:
- minor home modifications or temporary solutions such as grab rails, ramps to access the home, doorway widening, shower hob reduction and/or portable/modular facilities, and/or
- major home modifications may be considered in some circumstances, for example wheelchair accessible bathroom modifications.
No co-payment or contribution is required to access the program at this time, however people will be offered a choice of materials from a standard range of products.
For applications and further information
Please contact EnableNSW via phone or email to discuss applications. Relevant forms will be provided following the initial discussion.
Phone: 1800 362 253 (please ask for the SASH Home Modifications Advisor)