Travel Assistance (IPTAAS)
IPTAAS is the Isolated Patients Travel and Accommodation Assistance Scheme. This is a NSW Government scheme providing financial assistance towards travel and accommodation costs when a patient needs to travel long distances for treatment that is not available locally.
Online application support
Lodge an application
What's new with IPTAAS
Got a question?
Read our Frequently Asked Questions
Find your local IPTAAS Office
Guidelines and Policy
Read our Guidelines for assessment and Policy
Tell us how we are going
Send us your Feedback
Find out about your privacy
How to apply
View a list of IPTAAS offices or call us on Ph: 1800 IPTAAS (1800 478 227) so you can forward your applications and your queries to the closest local office.
You can also apply in person at your local Service NSW Service Centre.
If you have any queries or would like assistance with your application, please contact us on Ph: 1800 IPTAAS (1800 478 227).
You can also view our helpful information sheets for further details.
Eligibility for IPTAAS
To be eligible for IPTAAS you must:
- Be a resident of NSW or Lord Howe Island
- Be enrolled with Medicare
- Not be receiving, or eligible for, financial assistance for travel and accommodation from third party insurance or other Australian government services
- Be referred for treatment at your nearest health service
- Receive treatment at an approved health service
- Travel from your residence for treatment at least 100km (one way), or at least 200kms in a week by making multiple trips to and from treatment.
Phone: 1800 IPTAAS (1800 478 227)