Travel Assistance (IPTAAS)
IPTAAS is the Isolated Patients Travel and Accommodation Assistance Scheme. This is a NSW Government initiative designed to help with the financial assistance towards travel and accommodation costs when a patient needs to travel lengthy distances for specialist medical treatment that is not available locally.
Online claiming support
Lodge a claim
What's new with IPTAAS
Got a question?
Read our Frequently Asked Questions
Find your local IPTAAS Office
Guidelines and Policy
Read our Guidelines for assessment and Policy
Tell us how we are going
Send us your Feedback
Find out about your privacy
How to apply
View a list of IPTAAS offices or call us on Ph: 1800 IPTAAS (1800 478 227) so you can forward your claims and your queries to the closest local office.
You can also apply in person at your local Service NSW Service Centre.
If you have any queries or would like assistance with your application, please contact us on Ph: 1800 IPTAAS (1800 478 227).
You can also view our helpful fact sheets for more information
Eligibility for IPTAAS
To be eligible to claim through IPTAAS you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a resident of NSW or Lord Howe Island
- Hold a Medicare card
- Live more than 100km from the nearest treating specialist or your combined trips to and from the specialist exceeds 200km/week
- Specialist treatment not available locally
- Not be eligible for any other government travel assistance schemes
- Not claiming expenses under Workers Compensation
- Not hold a gold DVA card (please refer to DVA for assistance)
Phone: 1800 IPTAAS (1800 478 227)