Equipment that is available through the SEED Program includes:
- A primary mobility aid - for example, a manual wheelchair or power wheelchair
- Positioning equipment - for example, a wheelchair backrest or adjustable bed
- Transfer equipment - for example, a mobile hoist or slide board
- Bathing equipment - for example, a mobile shower commode
- Pressure care equipment - for example, pressure care cushion or pressure care mattress.
EnableNSW stock equipment through the Equipment Allocation Program (EAP) is to be considered in the first instance.
Equipment requests submitted by prescribers must meet the eligibility and funding criteria for each category of equipment funded through the program.
There is a co-payment for accessing most services through EnableNSW. You can learn more about co-payment here.
The SEED applicant’s co-payment contributions will be based on their financial situation at the time of applying. If approved, we will let them know of their financial responsibilities in the approval letter.
Maintenance and repairs
EnableNSW is responsible for repairs on all equipment loaned through the SEED program. Please contact our team to discuss your repairs needs.
When a person has been discharged from hospital to a community setting, they will need to reapply to access EnableNSW programs and services. We highly encourage the person to check their eligibility using the indicator tool on our website before making an application.