Welcome to EnableNSW, NSW Health's statewide disability support service.
EnableNSW provides aids and equipment such as wheelchairs, ventilators, prosthetic limbs and consumable items for people living with disability or chronic health conditions. We also provide assistance for people who need to travel significant distances for specialist medical care.
We provide clinical advice and guidelines on what can be provided by us for your consumers.
Customer Satisfaction SurveyRecently consumers have contacted us expressing concern and some confusion after being approached to complete a survey titled 'EnableNSW Survey'. This survey is not distributed or endorsed by EnableNSW. Roy Morgan Research conducted an independent Customer Satisfaction Survey for EnableNSW in 2012. The results of the Roy Morgan Survey can be found here: Customer Satisfaction Survey 2012.
EnableNSW welcomes your feedback at all times.
Contact us to provide feedback.
EnableNSW Prescriber SurveyEnableNSW conducted a survey with prescribers / clinicians in Local Health Districts (LHDs), Government and Non-Government Organisations to determine their experiences, understanding and knowledge of EnableNSW and its processes. It was anticipated that the results of the survey would assist in directing future prescriber engagement strategies and service improvements.
1,089 respondents fully completed the survey representing all LHDs (725); FACS (127); 21 NGOs (147); and private practice (155). Occupational therapists were the most represented profession.
The survey results have provided valuable feedback for EnableNSW to inform the method and topics for prescriber education and training; resource development; and future service improvements.
The prescriber survey results can be found here: Prescriber Survey Report 2013.
Equipment Allocation Program (EAP) Prescriber Education and Training Program - commencing in January 2015. Sessions will offer an opportunity to learn about different equipment and will include practical sessions, how to select and how to prescribe through EnableNSW. Sessions will be facilitated
by the EnableNSW Statewide Clinical Advisor Team and will be 2.5 hours in duration.
- Thursday 22nd January 2015: Beds, Pressure Care and Mattresses (fully booked)
- Thursday 19th February 2015: Transfer Aids (fully booked)
- Thursday 19th March 2015: Bathing and Toileting Aids (fully booked)
- Thursday 16th April 2015: Manual Wheelchairs and Cushions (fully booked)
- Patient Feedback on Prosthetic Service Provider - EnableNSW is seeking consumer feedback to rate patient satisfaction with Prosthetic Service Providers. Please click on the link to complete the survey.
- Pressure Care Mattresses - Clinical Criteria - Clinical Criteria for pressure care mattresses is now available.
- Wig Clinical Criteria - Clinical Criteria for Wig(s) is now available
Equipment Allocation Program Open Diary - Prescribers can now book in with our EAP Advisors to review equipment in the warehouse for their consumers on Mondays and Wednesdays.
To book: please email your enquiry including equipment to be reviewed and proposed day and time to HSNSWfirstname.lastname@example.org and our clinical advisors will contact you to confirm.
- Power Wheelchair Base catalogue - from the Equipment Allocation Program is now available
For further information and to apply for these power wheelchair bases, contact the Equipment Allocation Program Advisors at HSNSWemail@example.com
- Personal Alert Systems and National Broadband Network - Factsheet
- EnableNSW stock request form - Trial report